Saturday, February 5, 2011

ABD Chapter 27 notes



posted at

Finally, after three months of almost no updates, ABD is back! And bound to stay until the very end!
Not much to say about the content of the chapter. Guess it's pretty self-explanatory.

People have asked me a few times now how long the story will be going on from here, and, well, I think I have a more or less reliable answer for you now!

My initial plan was to write the story about as long as the first part, but stepping away from the craziness (and working on the prequel!) has made me rethink my tentative outline. I don't want to drag the story on beyond the point where plot and character development eventually stop, and while the end isn't exactly around the corner, it's closer than I expected when I stopped writing for a little while in November.

My guestimate is that ABD will end with roughly 40 chapters total, which, considering my usual chapter length, means you still have a delicious 100-120k of words ahead of you! I might write a few outtakes of things where I could have written more but didn't for the sake of keeping the already long fic from growing end- and pointless. I'm happy to take suggestions, but you might want to wait for that until you see "THE END" under the last line of the last chapter. Our brave heroes still have part of the journey ahead of them! Don't forget that the first 10 chapters were short ones.

I hope I can keep updating regularly. As I am typing this, my fingers are aching from a week of productiveness, and my pre-readers are right now drooling over chapter 34. 

I won't lie, I don't want to let the characters go, but I'm a strong believer in ending things before they grow stale. I want to write something else besides ABD; in fact, plotting for my next multi-chapter story is far enough advanced that I "see" the characters inside my mind already. They want out, and my need to unleash them upon the fandom is growing with every day. Don't worry, you've still got another 12-15 chapters left to read, the whole prequel of about the same length, and I hope that by the time ABD ends, you'll be happy to embrace my new set of characters with open arms. We'll always have more outtakes ;)

That's it from me this week - hope you enjoyed reading the chapter!

5 comments:

  1. While I hate to see this end, cant wait for your next project either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back :) I missed reading ABD. I am also jealous of your pre-readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great to see you back and being so prolific - wow RESPECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back! Going to read now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see you back updating. I would love to see Bella and Edward back in the playroom soon. I know Jasper will probably join them at some stage but a little private play time for these two would be cool. Looking forward to the next update.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

I own nothing related to Twilight, Stephenie Meyer is the owner of the Twilight series.

All my stories are rated MA/NC-17 and are intended for adults over the age of 18. If the content offends you, please don't read them.