Saturday, October 16, 2010

ABD Chapter 24 Notes


posted at
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5846625/24
https://sites.google.com/site/dariachenowith/abd/chapter-24
http://dariaabd.livejournal.com/
http://www.twcslibrary.com/viewstory.php?sid=1383&chapter=24


A few personal things I feel I need to share, and the usual Q&A you’ll find below the cut - and please also read the blog post before this one about how BDSM works in reality, contrary to what some of you might have read in fics online.



If you’re following me on facebook you probably already know - my life is pretty busy right now, and because I hate to let anyone wait in anticipation all the time I’m going to take a break from writing ABD for a while - a short, very defined while, mind you.

As you all know, I’ve already had to break my weekly posting schedule because too much was going on, and it’s not going to get any better. Writing is my outlet to take a break from everyday craziness, I don’t want it to be something I feel stressed by - which it is if I try to adhere to a schedule. And it’s not like I’m going to take a break from writing altogether!

November is approaching fast, and like last year I’m going to join NaNoWriMo again to write an original novel of at least 50k words in 30 days. Actually I’m aiming for 100k until Christmas, and I’m really excited about this project. But it takes time away from writing ABD - time I really want to take to concentrate on something else. I’m kind of sick of writing fanfic as it is right now, and even though the ABD guys and girls are as OOC as they get, they still ARE twi characters, and I want to write something completely original. Don’t worry, I’ll be back soon enough - but the story and characters really deserve my full attention, and I think both will profit from me taking a break for a few weeks. I didn’t really plan to leave you all with the cliffhanger as it is - but I have to admit, the evil bitch in me is quite satisfied about the coincidence.

I also have another writing project I really have to finish - Suit Guy POV of Bend Me, Break Me for my FGB Team. Initially I planned to deliver the story at the end of the auction, but then life got in the way, and since then writing the story has been a veritable pain in the butt. And unlike some other projects I cannot rush this - it has to be perfect, and perfection takes time. I’m more than halfway done with it, it’s getting quite long so the long wait will be worth it in regards to some extra material - and hopefully quality wise, too!

And last but not least, in November I will hopefully have a lot of contest entries for the Dommella’s Dungeon contest to read and judge - if you haven’t started yours yet, you still have until Oct. 31st to enter! Please do so, I’m longing to read some hot, steamy, well-written smut!

Knowing me, two days after I put ABD into the virtual drawer to rest until I’m done with everything else I will run into massive writer’s block that will get me writing my beloved kinksters anyway, so, who knows, maybe you’ll get chapter 25 sooner than I expect. But I’ll have it ready for you all as a Christmas present the latest, promise!

Now on to my personal favorite moment of writing the notes - the Q&A!

1. Safewords. What are yours? Do you follow a simple stoplight system or do you have something more creative?
Green, Yellow, Red. When I have to use them I hope I’m no longer coherent enough for creativity lol but they are universal and short, and are easy to utter even when gagged. Perfect IMHO, and everyone knows what’s going on if I use them.

2. When you safeword, is it usually for emotional reasons, or physical reasons? I know you have a high pain tolerance, but where is enough, enough?
Both. It really depends on the scene and how I feel that day; but I think I use a safeword more often for emotional reasons because I don’t get too many cramps of late. Having a high pain tolerance just means my Dom hits me harder, so that’s not a real excuse - pain he intends to inflict, how bad it might be, is never a reason for me to safeword, and we’ve played together so often that we can judge each other’s limits well enough. I only safeword if I feel like something is really wrong or unintentionally painful. We don’t really do that much testing of limits anymore than we used to.

3. In the playroom, what does your Dom call you? (you mentioned this on your facebook and it made me curious.)
Slut, bitch, whore, endearing terms like that. I know something is really wrong when he calls me by my name, and if I’m suddenly his ‘pet’ I can start begging and pleading for his forgiveness right away lol

2 comments:

  1. HOLY SH*T! I know you dont have a note for the newest chapter and I don't have a ffn.net account so I just wanted to say that I LOVED the new chapter- it was so unexpected but great! THANK YOU and keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a cliffie it was! You are so evil, good thing I procrastinate at reading and can move right on to chapter 25.

    I completely understand having to take a break. Posting with deadlines is stressful, and it sounds like you're a busy girl without all the other fandom stuff you are participating in right now. You are definitely right, you are writing for fun and it should be a release, not something that adds more stress. I will wait patiently for your updates!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

I own nothing related to Twilight, Stephenie Meyer is the owner of the Twilight series.

All my stories are rated MA/NC-17 and are intended for adults over the age of 18. If the content offends you, please don't read them.