Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BL RIP

I'm writing this post to let you know that I've pulled the three posted chapters of one of my WIPs, 'Bloody Lies'.

Now, I know that I said I would never pull a fic to get it published. I lied, or rather, omitted to add, unless I feel like it's not working out the way I intended it to.

Which is the case with BL. I still intend to write it, maybe even try to get it published, and I won't change much besides the names and physical descriptions. In my mind, the characters have never been twi, so I don't think I'll have much of a problem. Why I think it doesn't work then? Because in my readers's heads, they were twi, and already three chapters in that was rather obvious. I expected that to happen to a certain extent, but you surpassed even my worst fears, and while in the planning stages the idea to fuck with everyone's minds because of that, in actual writing it doesn't work for me.

The story is complicated, as are the characters, and they deserve a clean slate.

I'm grateful for the wonderful feedback I got, and I'll keep all your reviews close to my heart, and labelled in my inbox.

For the judgmental bitches out there, no, I did not pull it because it got less reviews than TEMC - everything I ever wrote got less reviews than TEMC, and all the rest stays online on FFn, TWCS, and my google site. No idea what you judge such claims on, but in my world, 152 reviews for 3 chapters is a great ratio. If the story had worked as intended, I would have completed it. Fact is, it didn't, so to spare everyone months of dragging on or expecting updates that won't come, I'm ending this, as it is, now.

I'm not sure what I will be working on after TEMC is complete in roughly 10 chapters from now. Besides possible outtakes, extra chapters, and one-shots, I don't think I can stand not to have a multi chapter WIP going. Honestly, I think even in the best case of publishing a novel, 20 years from now, I'd start another fanfic, just for the heck of it. I love writing, and I love writing fanfic, but just like any other writer, I have some ideas that simply don't work the way I want them to. I'm sure that Hemingway had a drawer full of half finished stuff, too. The downside of my fanfic writing mode of posting as I write, instead of finishing before I post, is that, eventually, a story had to come along that didn't make it far. I'm sorry that I had to pull it, but I think it's the fair solution for all of us.

And, let's get real, it was only three chapters.

3 comments:

  1. Nobody expected the Spanish inquisition. I approve this message!

    and now I'm going to sleep because I'm not making any sense.

    Long live BL!

    *gropes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wanted to know whether this fic now R.I.P. or whether you have written the 'new' version (: -Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might, but right now it's not on my list of novels to write next :) xo

      Delete

Disclaimer

I own nothing related to Twilight, Stephenie Meyer is the owner of the Twilight series.

All my stories are rated MA/NC-17 and are intended for adults over the age of 18. If the content offends you, please don't read them.