Wednesday, November 17, 2010

UPDATED - Beta Help Wanted!

Thanks everyone who offered - no longer seeking, now it's mostly a matter of choosing and getting to work. Initial blog post below, because I'm lame like that ;)

After months of doing my proofreading and editing all by myself, I have decided that I need help again! I need a beta!!

Now, what exactly am I looking for?
Someone to help me with grammar, typos, and all the fine details between my Austrian high school English and what people actually talk. I don't need someone to help me with plotting my chapters. It's really just the clean-up work.

Your prerequisites:
You're good with grammar. No shit.
You have time - as much as I think everyone who helps 5 writers with their 9 stories is great - I need someone who can get back to me within a few days, let's say 2-3. If you're already working 3 jobs and have barely enough time to keep up with reading the emails your mom sends you, please don't apply.
You need to be dependable. I'm not looking for someone to clean up my next two chapters, but preferably all of what is left of ABD, and if possible the HBR prequel, too.
You probably should have read my fics, and for your sake it would be good if you can handle what I write ;)

Of course I will mention you in my A/Ns (and should I forget, please kick me in the ass. Ass kicking is part of your job!), you'll get to read what I write in advance of everyone else, and of course you'll get to know more about what I'm planning for the story along the progress of working on the chapters, as I sometimes need help with fine-tuning any foreshadowing comments or events. But the main focus should be on the proofreading and helping me improve my writing work, so please don't raise your hand now just because you want to get the inside scope.
I'm not adverse to having more than one beta, either. I can be a productive bitch sometimes, spreading the work load is always a good option to cope with bouts of inspiration.
I promise that everything I send you to look at will be at the standard I post right now - I try to catch everything I can myself before I ask for expert help.

Thanks! Please email me at daria.chenowith@gmail.com, PM me on FFn or leave me a comment here or on FB, just make sure I can get back to you somehow!

4 comments:

  1. I'd be willing to help if you need it ;o) I've read everything you've done so far and i'm always up for proofreading and offering suggested corrections ;o) I also don't mind being one of many beta readers. Caroline (moosical)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to help, as well. I just emailed you at your gmail address with my information.

    ~ Jenn (jmasencullen)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you,
    i think by now you know who i am, but if not my ff.net username is develindiskies. I'd love to help if you're willing to let me. Let me know if you need/want my help. (I'm also online too often so if you ever need an emergency beta I could get back to you in a heart beat.)
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone, thanks so much!!

    akisswithout (yes, I know who you are by now :)), FFn won't let me PM you right now, can you email me so I have your email address? thx!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

I own nothing related to Twilight, Stephenie Meyer is the owner of the Twilight series.

All my stories are rated MA/NC-17 and are intended for adults over the age of 18. If the content offends you, please don't read them.