Friday, December 24, 2010

ABD Chapter 26 notes


posted at
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5846625/26
http://www.twcslibrary.com/viewstory.php?sid=1383&chapter=26
https://sites.google.com/site/dariachenowith/abd/chapter-26

Merry Christmas!
And if you wonder about the picture - this is a Christmas tree found at one of Vienna's number one sight-seeing places. It has been a reason for constant amusement for me for days now!

As for this chapter's blog note - I have a few stories to pimp, a few things to explain, and not really much to say about the chapter as I think it, ah, speaks for itself!


Let's start with the pimping!!

As you all know, I've had the joy of being judge for the Dommella's Dungeon contest. I'd like to say a few words about these three stories that definitely deserve more attention than they got so far!

#3 - The Ultimate Submission, by aliasnumberfive
I don't think it's a secret that I have a thing for threesomes. I also have a thing for unique characters and well written, intelligent stories, so it's a given that I love this delicious little Edward / Bella / Carlisle morsel! Hot and juicy, well paced and gripping to the last line, what's not to love?
The only thing that made me uneasy was just how blindly devoted Edward is to Bella, but that's me. It works well in the context of the story, though, and I wouldn't mind knowing more about all of them!

#2 - Supremacy, by DragonMama26
This co-op fic had me at the first paragraph, and it kept me well entertained from start to finish! One of the few fics written from the Domme's POV I enjoyed its quirkiness a lot - the only thing I didn't like was that with all the promising kink mentioned, the resolution was too 'nilla for my taste. But that's really just a tiny flaw, and the characters definitely make up for it!
There's a second chapter online already, so if you might be wishing for more, seems like you get it!

#1 - Crouching Painslut, Hidden Strapon, by prassacut
I spewed coke at my laptop's screen when I read the title; the first paragraph had me want to beg on my knees to be this Bella's plaything; and it just got better and better from there on. Besides the humor that's pouring out of the story, I love it for one thing especially - it feels real. No wonder, as it's written by someone who knows what BDSM is about. And I'm not talking the 5 strokes is punishment fluff that fanfic is full of - I'm talking about the real deal. It's very rare to encounter that, and for this alone you all should take a look at it.

I won't lie, it's probably more than many can (or want to, at least) deal with, and while I love the Domme's 'voice', the fic isn't 100% grammatically clean. then again it's written by a French with the help of a German with beta help from an American, I've read a lot of stories by native speakers that haven't reached this standard. It's a great story and deserves to be read - and reviewed!

I also enjoyed reading most of the other entries - all except one, to be honest, but I won't say anything more here than that the result of the public vote was neither a surprise, nor anything I can personally understand. It was a great contest and some great stories came from it, we always get darkness where there is light.

Now on to the second part of this post - a few comments I feel I owe you, or can't keep from you.

First and foremost, I'm still blown away by the TON of feedback and reviews I got for chapter 25. I have to admit, I expected that for once we'd make it past the 45 reviews mark, but I didn't think it would get past 60. I stopped counting at 200, and that was in November, so, yeah, guess that speaks for itself! Again, THANK YOU!!

Now if you've been following my fb ramblings (between my zynga games addiction that I'm trying to fight right now), you might have seen that I've been very reluctant to post this chapter. Not because of the chapter itself, but because of the whole posting / waiting for feedback / waiting for more feedback but getting disappointed because it never comes dynamic. Trust me, I wish I could just stop caring, but I guess for that I would have to swap writing fanfic for writing stories for publishing entirely.

Also, posting on Dec 24th is the best way not to get any feedback at all because I expect many will read this chapter during the whole holiday madness, and won't find time to review or say thanks. In a way that's a convenient excuse for me, too - but my main reason for posting it is that I know I have so many great readers that I think you all deserve a present from me in return for your loyalty. I hope you enjoy it!

I've been unexpectedly busy writing in November and December - chapter 27 is complete and 28 a good way in; I also dropped my NaNoWriMo project after a week and instead wrote the first 50k words of the HBR prequel that I've wanted to write for ages now - so in 2011 you'll get to read a lot!
Yet just writing for 7 weeks without any interruption, without any expectations except for what my pre-readers say has been a great experience for me, one that I wouldn't have minded keeping up for another month or two. I admit, if not for Christmas I wouldn't have posted anything before February very likely. Writing has become such a slave labor for me since I started ABD, it was great to shrug all that off and just enjoy the process without anything interfering - I might just jump on that wagon again for a few more weeks.

What does that mean for you? For one, you have a happy writer, which usually means more chapters churned out with better quality in less time. It also means that once I post, updates will be plenty and regular as I just need to upload them one after the other, leaving time in between for review replies and long blog notes. I also have a lot on my plate university and job-wise in Jan/Feb, so I might not have time to write at all. I think a 2 months break and weekly updates afterwards are more rewarding for all of us - and with the prequel you'd even get two chapters a week from me. Deal?

Writing the prequel as been a fun experience - I'll go into more detail when I post it in a few weeks, but suffice it to say, it has made me think a lot about all of the characters. It has also influenced my view on ABD a bit - and I've decided to write a different ending to this story after all. Don't worry, there are still many chapters to be written - just not as many as was my original plan. But even good stories need to come to an end, and I won't drag it out just because I could write more, theoretically. So many of the long twi fics have long outlived themselves, I don't want my story to become one of them. As it is, I expect ABD to be roughly as long as HBR - about 40 chapters, between 300-400k words long. We're at 160k now, considering the shorter length of the first few chapters I'd say that's between 2/5 and 1/2 done.

Someone asked a while ago if I was still planning on writing any outtakes - the answer is no, but that doesn't mean there won't be any. The prequel will address a lot of the possible side o/s you might be wishing for, I also plan to add a few ideas to the main story of ABD, and I already promised one "what if" after I'm done. I'm open to suggestions, though!

I still haven't finished SuitGuyPOV of BMBM for my FGB team - which troubles me a lot, but the bastard just won't talk!! I haven't forgotten about it, though, the same as a few more chapters for Velvet & Chains, my other kinky fic. Fact is, I need ABD done, and the sooner I get that off my to-write list, the better.

Now all that's left for me is to wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely Christmas present. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say thank you for posting an update for ABD. I've been missing these two and wondering about Jasper. Don't have time to read it right now but wanted to let you know I appreciate this gift from you. I'll post again after I have a chance to read it. Thanks again.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy they are happy. Looking forward to more E&J action. I'd really like to see Bella & Jasper giving Edward lots of attention, because I think he was wronged so much in HBR. But . . . you are the author. You know where this is going. I'm just along to enjoy the ride!

    Thanks so much for the update! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've been a busy bee! I can't wait to read everything you've written. Dropped NaNo, eh? That's okay, it's better to write what you want to write when you're motivated to write it.

    A different ending for ABD? That makes me nervous. *Crosses fingers for no heartfail*

    Thanks for the rec's too.

    Merry Christmas!

    p.s. My first thought looking at that picture was "what's with the giant indoor butt plug?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh A Giant Butt Plug!
    oooh Thanks!
    oooh An ABD chap!
    oooh A prequel!
    oooh A "what if" O/s (YAY!)
    oooh You're Wonderful!

    Hugs, Kisses and ass slaps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved chapter 26. Can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting new chapter - and when I saw it, I did think it was an Xmas present from you to us! Yeah, I tore thru the chapter and did not get a chance to review...will try to though! I've not been very good at reviewing your story at all since I am "late to the party" (that is your story) and power read thru HR and ABD over several days!

    I've actually been anxious about this chapter....I've thought of it often during the break. The affect Jasper will have on E&B's relationship still makes me as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs! (Gah, what an old fashioned expression, but it does describe my anxiety!) But I trust you dear DC to do your characters right.

    Ohhhhhhh a prequel? A "what if"? YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the christmas chapter. Happy for you that you have found the time to write so much and to be happy with what you are writing.

    I have to admit, I was anxious for this chapter. After Ch. 25 I was pretty nervous for E & B and for what was to come, but this chapter and Bella's fierceness has made things sit a little better with me. i'm still a little worried for E & B and for how bringing Jazz back into the mix will effect their relationship. They have struggled so much and worked so hard to get past everything that happened and establish their relationship as a couple and as D/s. I hope that this doesn't mess things up for them, they have come such a long way and i just hope things work out for E & B, they deserve it. I love the smut and the 3way smut, but i absolutely love the tender-ish moments and the insight into their growing relash. The tattoo chapter is still my all-time favorite!
    From the sounds of it you've got a new direction with a new ending. can't wait to read what you have in store for us, i'm sure it will be great, i just hope everything works out for E & B after everything they so deserve to be happy and a happy ending.

    So excited for the Prequel!!! to see what happened to Edward to bring him to here and to see his obsession & love for Bella develop! oh, and all the Beth goodness!

    the christmas pic made me crack up (pun intended)!

    happy holidays!
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this chapter, I just hope that it works out for the good of the 3 of them, and doesn't cause too much drama again ... Jasper concerns me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry that this is a bit late in coming (no pun intended), but I just wanted to tell you how happy I was to read another chapter of ABD and how much I'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here. I always admire your raw honesty and willingness to take what sone might consider " risks" in your stories. I also appreciate how open you are about your personal life...and if I'm honest, a bit envious of what you've experienced. :). I'd be a happy little girl if my husband had more enthusiasm for this level of kink.

    I've had a few questions swirling around in my head that I wanted to pose. First, I was curious why Bella was so nervous about gags and blindfolds? Does this reflect your own concerns with them or was it another way to ease readers into BDSM? As someone who isn't afraid of them (and quite fond of them) it was curious to me. Second, how open are you in RL regarding this personal side of yourself? I know it has been a recurring theme in your stories and blogs regarding the judgment you've felt from some people but I was curious if that has totally closed you off from being open with others?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What the #@!! is that between the pillars? A buttplug?? HawrHawr. You're so lost. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

I own nothing related to Twilight, Stephenie Meyer is the owner of the Twilight series.

All my stories are rated MA/NC-17 and are intended for adults over the age of 18. If the content offends you, please don't read them.